Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Food Treats & a much coveted silver blouse!

We had to get a silver or light grey blouse for Christmas choir. I din had anyone of those colours besides almost every colour of the rainbow ever since I joined CM.

Thus, started my "wild chase" & search after the much desired satin silver blouse from Marks & Spencer. Was told This Fashion has silver blouses too but chances are, they don't have it in my size despite the attractive price of below $30.

I started at VivoCity but the MS branch there din hve stock at all. One of their girls there can helpfully tell me the Raffles City branch also don't have stock as I just came from there. However, I asked whether they can help me call the other branches to check whether they have stock, she said they can't. And I'd have to go down personally to every branch myself to check it out!

What utter nonsense! Even Hang Ten & Popular are able to call fellow branches to check for stock, not to mention a store as "high class" as Marks & Spencer. I have shopped at MS before & this is the 1st time I've received such "weird" treatment.

Anyway, while on my way down to the MS branch@Plaza Sing, I SMSed a few gd frens who were still online at work to find out the contact numbers of all the MS branches in S'pore. And they did it easily in a few minutes!

Plaza Sing din have stock thus called the Centrepoint branch & the kind lady checked for me & confirmed they have it in my size & will reserve it for me.

Took the train down & after trying it on, VIOLA!



A silver blouse I can truly call my own & I am officially $79.90 poorer! *sob* Hopefully they will include "silver" as one of the colours for serving thus making the "investment" worth it!



Was getting abit hungry with all the running about. Dropped by Cold Storage & found these "yummy-licious" gourmet dips! Orange was Tandoori Chicken ($2.04), green was chunky spinach with garlic ($1.47) & dark pink one was beetroot with herbs ($1.91). You pay by weight, depending how much u want. I got 50 grams of beetroot & spinach & 100 grams of chicken.

It tasted so divine & delicious (did i tell u i was famished?) with a bagel, bread or crackers of any kind. You can also use it as a side dish to a main course or stuffing in a sandwich. There are lots more of other kinds which I will definitely go back to try! *drool*



A (rather pathetic) slice of Moist Chocolate Cake from Secret Recipe.



My next rave!! Cavalier extra dark Belgium Chocolate (No Sugar Added) 72% cocoa from Candy Empire, $4.80 per 85 gram. Get for me k? *grin*

6 comments:

~AlanSal~ said...

Hey Fiona,
next time, try the Yahoo! Auctions and Ebay auctions. There are real treasures there, not all are preloved items, some are brand new too. :)

Fi Oh Na! said...

Oh I've nvr tried buying stuff online. Mayb i shd eh? Hve u done so? Is it safe? But wif clothes, still muz try on then know whether it fits not rite? Still, a gd option to consider when desperate! :P

~AlanSal~ said...

yeah, I do that all the time. I ask for measurements, length, chest and shoulders for tops and length, waist and hips for bottoms. It's generally safe for me once I know these info. Thank God for the auctions! OH, I only buy from local sellers.

Fi Oh Na! said...

Sounds gd to me!

Yups I shall try it once (maybe start wif smthg simple & cheap).Oh no, once i get the hang of it & start shopping even for clothes online, my mom will faint!

Thanks for the tips. Now i must go face reality & take measurements of parts of my body! :)

fy said...

i like your silver blouse! looks good. is for choir rite? :P

Fi Oh Na! said...

Yups! Shiny shiny bright bright! The material feels very smooth & nice on skin..... :P