Monday, December 17, 2007

God knows my heart & wallet!

As most of you have known, I bought my silver blouse for Christmas choir on Monday from Marks & Spencer for $79.90. I was pleased with it.

Till.......

I was told by my fellow friend in choir that she bought hers (exactly the same thing!) for a much-reduced price of $45 as they started the sale on Thursday. I almost fainted!

I got to know this info on late Sat evening when we were having practice in church. It was too late for me to do anything about it. (or so I thought!)

Frankly speaking, I didn't feel good about it. I wasn't angry, just upset & felt cheated. I got abit whiny (oh! U should ask Keng Teng what I did to her!? Haha!) & mopped slightly.

However, I was reminded that I am serving the King of Kings, Lord of Lords. What is a mere $35 "investment" into the Kingdom? Actually....lots......especially when you are kinda broke & waiting impatiently for THAT 2 months bonus to come in......which is like taking a super long time to do so!

I told God I didn't want to be too affected or bothered by it. Let Him decide what's best.

Later in the night, a cell member called & suggested that maybe I could try to bring the blouse back to MS for an exchange or refund. Coz being under the Robinsons Group, they are usually quite generous in their exchange/return policy.

I got anxious. I doubted. I feared. I might have even panicked! Coz I don't like to do such things.

C & E actually had to accompany me down to the Centrepoint branch immediately after 8.30 am svc for support. And to bail me out in case things went wrong. It was a mad mad rush!

To cut the long dramatic story short, after much hoo ha, pacing up & down, circling the clothes rack several rounds.....

I simply asked the saleslady serving me whether it is possible for me to return the blouse I bought for $79.90 & get it back again (the exact same one since it was the last piece left) at the sale price of $45?

Miraculously, she said "Yes, I'll refund the excess amount of $34.90 in cash to you since you paid using Nets".

At this point, I almost hyperventilated & lost consciousness coz I was bursting with joy!

I walked out of MS with extra cash in my pocket, feeling extremely grateful & thankful to God.

Coz normally, whenever I buy new clothes, I'd immediately cut off the tags & toss it into the wash basket. But with this blouse, I simply hanged it up for quite a few days for no particular reason.

Indeed, God is Sovereign. He knows my heart & the pathetic state of my wallet! *grin*

No comments: