Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tour to LTA Gallery

Last Saturday, Rathi, her son/my godson Vivek, Suci & I went on a tour to the LTA Gallery. It was one of those $3 PA outing activity we signed up from The Serangoon CC. It was our 1st time doing so & we didn't know what to expect.
Me & godson eager in anticipation
Suci & Rathi. Doesn't my pal look very doll-like here, with bright wide innocent eyes & her wild mane? *grin*
The food we had was a pleasant surprise & nice touch! Thank you for it. It sure gave us the extra energy needed for the tour.
Can you see what station this is?
I just love this kind of buses! Gives one a nostalgic feeling...
My favourite bus number 28! Even the back of my Adidas jersey is printed with the number 28! It brings me from Toa Payoh, to church, to Paya Lebar, to Bedok & Tampines!

Eerrr....no comments. Just had to take photo la!

Taxi anyone?

4 stooges - happy & so ever gleeful!

This brought back find memories for my mom when she saw it. Apparently her dad aka my maternal grandpa used to be a bus conductor!

Tickets for sale!

Bus Guides. An elderly lady in the tour group told me she had every copy from 1980 onwards! Gosh! I was just born in that year!

Bet you didn't know there were so many various types of license plates in S'pore eh? Anyone know what does PU stands for? It's Pulau Ubin. Apparently the traffic system over there is abit different from our here.

Bus routes that ply areas to SPD & certain mature estates have been retrofitted to meet the needs of the elderly & people with mobility issues. I know bus 147 has it coz it brings me to school.
Mmm...are S'poreans ready to share "their" public transport system with those who might take abit more time to get up & down the bus/train?
Will the "normal" people be impatient/shake heads/tsk tsk?
Is society ready yet in general? No doubt people will still stare (I mean what's new?)
I do hope one day, there will be equality in terms of opportunities (in all aspects) for those with special needs.

Do you know there are more than 4500 bus stops, over 100 MRT & LRT stations, more than 20 bus interchanges & 9 expressways (& even more ERPs!!!) that make up the comprehensive land transport system in S'pore?

Efficient & smart use of land - 4 tiers - value for money!

In the future to come, we might have island-wide up-to-date info at our fingertips!

Point & click & you'll know the current traffic conditions in real time.

Cloudy in central part of S'pore? Then you might consider staying at home or bringing along an umbrella.

We sure had a great time! Thank you LTA for the impressive & enjoyable time! :)

No comments: