Sunday, September 21, 2008

Exercise Diary (Part 1)

I've just renewed my gym membership at The Serangoon CC for 1 year ($155). So far after using it for 6 months, I have been quite disciplined in hitting it regularly (about 2-3 times a week) on top of my swimming (at least once a week), aerobics dance (on Mondays) & Salsa dance lessons (on Saturdays).

At the gym, I will either briskwalk, cycle on the stationary bike (as I can't cycle for nuts in real life!) or get on the cross-trainer for at least 30 mins & max. of 60mins. Then about 30 mins of weights to tone up the thighs & arms, this also increases my bone density mass & strengthens my muscles.

At the pool, i usually swim at least 20 laps (50 metres per lap). So far my record is 28 laps in 50 mins. Am gradually aiming for 30 laps in 45 mins time or less! That is if I am not busy yakking with friends in the pool or "banging" into people who don't swim but just stand around! It irritates me coz they see me approaching & they don't give away. *sigh*

To get my money's worth, I will also usually lug my hair conditioner treatments to the shower in the gym or pool at the same time. So that my mom will not "complain" & nag me for hogging the bathroom & wasting water!

From March thus far, I've lost 6 kgs since I started exercising intensively (45-90 mins each time)on a regular basis. Friends & colleagues have commented on the obvious weight loss & I am very encouraged by it. Though the scales aren't going down as fast as I wish it would, some of my clothes have gotten looser & I can also now fit into some of the clothes which I previously can't.

Thank you to those who have been affirming me proactively & some of you have joined me too! I do appreciate all your love, concern, support & advice very much! It does make the difference, esp. when the aches & pains come by!

I can afford to lose more but this means even more hard work! But I know I can do it!

I can do all things thru' Christ who strengthens me! (including losing weight!) Amen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jia you fiona! Congrats to you on your determination! I'm trying to lose weight too, have gained a lot since I've been on meds. Let's encourage each other!!!

Fi Oh Na! said...

Hi Adaline,
Thanks for yr msg & encouragement!

What meds are u on? Care to share more? Feel free to email me at wuminshi@gmail.com k?

What have u been busy with? Take care!