Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mooncake Festival

In school, our lesson plans are themed-based. This term's theme is Food & Technology. As the mooncake festival is coming, I will be buying some mooncakes for my kids to taste/try & enjoy in class. Here are photos of fake "mooncakes" we "baked" in class last year. Made of flour, water & food colourings. Had to purchase special plastic moulds from a specialized bakery shop! We had quite a fun & enjoyable time making them & some even thought they were real! Haha! Thank goodness no one chomped down on them! It was a timely souvenir my kids can bring home to show their parents what they have done in class.

We do a lot of sensory-based activities to stimulate my kids' senses, interest & level of interaction. Makes learning much more fun & meaningful! No Zzzzz....in class (I hope!) :)

No comments: