Tuesday, September 11, 2007

All Wrapped Up

This is the "After" photo of my poor foot all bandaged up after surgery. Doesn't it look like a dumpling? (bak chang) It was not as bad as I expected. The 3 injections given to numb my toe was quite painful though. The nurses were quite amused with me as I was quite nervous! After surgery, I was made to sit in the recovery room for about 30 mins with my leg elevated. Have been given 6 days of MC till Sunday. Guess I can't chase after my kids hobbling like this! Could feel slight stinging pain when the LA started to wear off. Quickly bought a Delipotato wif tuna for late lunch before I could pop the (I presume strong) painkillers.

The nice nurse at ASC gave me this blue shower cap thingy to wear over my bandaged foot to keep the dressing clean. It is slid-proof & easy to clean. I like it! But the plastic material makes my foot melt as if in a suana! Have to go to the polyclinic/GP to get the dressing changed every 2-3 days. Showering might take some effort though. Thank you for all your prayers. Till now, I don't feel any pain & am quite comfortable.

No comments: