Saturday, July 3, 2010

Supper at Changi Village Hawker Centre

Nice & soft chwee kueh with lots & lots of chai por....$2 for 8 pieces.

My favourite balck carrot cake, sweet & crispy!

Lala...

BBQ stingray

Sambal sweet potato leaves

How to not eat nasi lemak when you come to Changi Village Hawker Centre huh?

Fried chicken wings from the nasi lemak stall.

Malay satay, I quite like the sweet taste & herbs in it.

Some animal's stomach or tripe satay tat was nicely marinated & seasoned, took a small bite. It's soft & chewy. Nice texture.

Hokkien mee, all wrapped up to allow the flavours to infuse! The longer the more fragrant I suppose?

Not a fan of hokkien mee but this was really delicious & worth the calories. Had quite a few spoonfuls of it.
After squeezing limes for the hokkien mee, it goes into someone's teh O for an extra kick.

When we left the hawker centre to go over to the coffeeshop at around 11pm, there was still a long queue for International Nasi Lemak. Why?!

Too stuffed, 6 of us shared 1 giant pau, $3. Chockful of ingredients.

The insides of the huge pau....liked the sausages & mushrooms....the skin was quite soft & tasty drenched in gravy too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. That looks SO yummy! : ) I have never eaten any of that food. I am pretty sure I would love it though. It looks delectable :)

I saw your comment at Kelle's blog about being a teacher of special needs kids and loving it and it just made my day : )

What a sweet person you are. So nice to meet you via the blogging world : )

Fi Oh Na! said...

Hi there!

When you come by Singapore, contact me. I'll be most happy bring you to try the food! Haha!

By the way, what's your name? Don't seem to be able to find it from your blog.

Glad to have connected with you too.

Stay in touch! :)