Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ingrown Toenail AGAIN! Arrgghh!

Yeah...how cool that this seems to be an almost once a year thingy!
Went for my usual 3 monthly podiatrist visit & while she was cutting, cleaning & digging, she casually said "Oh the right side of your right big toe is slightly ingrown. Let me dig out & cut everything out for you now".
And she started digging in to dig out what was embedded happily. Not painful, just slight discomfort & a dull aching pain.

The very expensive antiseptic cream the podiatrist used on me. High class leh, around $32 per tube. She said I can use a cheaper lower end one at the moment, don't need the "cheem" one yet.

Though I was supposed to keep the dressing on & dry for next 2 days, after 1 whole day of chasing the kids in sandals, I don't think it was very hygienic to leave it on overnight. So removed the bandage to hop into shower & will apply tea tree oil (can right?) & redress the wound.
No pain at all, just have to be careful not to hit the wound or have a kid stomp on it. It happened before. Hope it heals in time for me to wear covered shoes to church on Sunday.

No comments: